Seneca Lake Boat Rentals
Where We're located:
- Our Seneca Lake, boat rentals leave the dock at the Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar. The address is 3434 N Plum Point Rd, Himrod, NY 14842.
- Check in will be at the front desk
- If you have any problems while boating please call (585)446-3846
About The Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar:
The Showboat Motel Restaurant & Bar is a great place to stay on Seneca lake located in Himrod, NY.
Even if your not staying in one of their 42 rooms, you can still enjoy the fabulous restaurant!
Click the link below to book a room!
How Our Rentals Work:
On the Day Of Your Rental:
- You must be at least 25 years old
- Click Book Now tab
- Choose the day you would like to rent
- Select the boat and time slot you would like to rent
- Next sign in to your account or create a new account
- For new customers choose your plan.
- (for daily rental pick Renter Subscription, this is a free account.)
- Proceed to check out
- You have now successfully booked a boat
- Please arrive 30-40 minutes early in order to begin filling out paperwork/waivers. You will also be asked to provide a Credit Card to pay the security deposit. Allow time to board boat, go over operation, safety rules and regulations
- There is a security deposit hold of $400. This will be held on a credit card or debit bank card during the rental period. The security deposit will due during check in. It be returned to you at the end of your rental as long as the boat comes back on time, no new damages, relatively clean and in good condition
- If you arrive late, the rental period will still end at the same time you agreed to when you first booked the rental.
- Once departed from our docks you are free to travel around Seneca Lake
- If you need to come back to our dock for any reason during your rental period please give us a call to help assist you while docking the boat.
- Nearing the end of the rental period, remember to keep track of time.
- Once the boat is docked and secured, you may exit the boat.
- We will check over the boat for new damage and check to see how much fuel was used. (Normal fuel use is $20.00-$45.00, note that this fluctuates according to changing gas prices)
- Make sure to finish the checkout procedure with the staff at the dock, and at the rental shack.
- Cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the reservation time for a refund.
- Cancellations made 5 days prior to the reservation – 24 hours prior there will be no refunds, but the rental may still be rescheduled with a $50 service fee. If you choose to cancel the reservation during this time, no refund will be issued.
- Within 24 hours of the reservation start time the rental can be rescheduled with a $75 service fee. The reservation may be canceled, but no refund will be issued.
- Missed reservations that are not canceled prior to rental start date and time will be charged full reservation amount.
- There are NO exceptions!
- We will not allow cancellations due to light rain, cloudy weather, passing showers or cooler temperatures.
- We will not send you out during severe weather conditions and we will reschedule you.
Weather Conditions: We will NOT send you out during severe weather conditions.
- Weather related cancellations are made by the sole discretion of South Bay Marina, and are made only on the day of the rental.
A chance of showers does not qualify for cancellation
- If the boat leaves the dock, no refund or reschedule.
- If we feel the weather is unsafe we can reschedule you for a different day.Cancellations must be done online or over the phone, any no shows will still be charged for their rental.
- If the boat leaves the dock and severe weather conditions arise you will be called back to the dock as soon as it is safe to do so, and you will be pro-rated according to your time out. Your account will be credited for the time in which you were not participating in the rental due to severe weather conditions.
The Following Items are NOT Allowed on Our Boats:
- NO SMOKING
- Watersports equipment (tubing equipment, water skis, wakeboards)
- South Bay Marina and their staff reserve the right to deny you the rental if we see anything we deem unsafe.
- We reserve the right to refuse service and end the rental at any time.
- If you cause problems, intentionally or recklessly we will end the rental. If you threaten or assault our our crew members. Police will be called, You will be arrested and charges will be filed. You will Banned and NOT issued a refund.
- Fuel is charged after rental.
- You must be at least 25 years old to rent a boat.
- THE INDIVIDUAL WHO RESERVED THE BOAT ONLINE MUST BE PRESENT FOR THE RENTAL (if they are not the rental will be canceled, and no refund will be issued)
- The driver of the boat MUST stay sober. If the driver of the boat comes back intoxicated they will be banned. Authorities will be called. A BWI (Boating While Intoxicated) conviction is a misdemeanor conviction that will result in a permanent criminal record. On top of the conviction and the criminal record.
- Up to 1 year in jail
- A maximum fine of $1,000
- All privileges to operate a boat revoked for up to 1 year
*Note that these convictions can impact your insurance.*